7/20/2008

dancing


dancing fuschias, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

We ought to dance with rapture that we might be alive... and part of the living, incarnate cosmos.
~D.H. Lawrence

This fuschia plant is one of several outside outside my kitchen windowsill. When I see bright fuschia flowers I always think of ballet dancers--with their bright tutus, pirouetting on one leg.

Have I told you that when I stand at the sink and wash dishes, I put on my iPod and dance? It's such a great way to make an unpleasant chore fun. :)

3 comments:

EmilyCC said...

I love my iPod dishes time. My 3 yr old broke my iPod speakers 2 days ago--the dishes pile up SO much faster now!

galen dara said...

amen to the power of iPods!
(so sorry for your loss, Emilycc)

Anonymous said...

haha...I put my iPod on and dance when I'm doing the hoovering! I might try the same for doing the dishes :-)