4/27/2007

budding


budding, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Today I went to the garden at noon. It was difficult to take good photos because of the harsh lighting. But I managed to get a few winners. It felt so good to be behind the camera lens again!

While I was taking photos of some lovely 'native plants' (aka weeds) near a fencepost, one of the grandpas who gardens nearby came over and kinda laughed a bit at me(he doesn't speak any English, so our interactions are usually limited to smiling and pointing). You see, my garden is all tumbly and random and just slightly shabby-looking. Whereas his has nary a weed in sight. I suspect that he thinks 'my way' of gardening is rather unproductive. But he is always so generous with sharing his produce with me, I suspect that he might just understand that some of us need to grow flowers, too.

No comments: