3/11/2009

paddlers


Ready to roam the oceans!, originally uploaded by mind on fire.

John and I as we head out the door to a morning of outrigger canoeing. Do note the abundance of performance clothing to protect us from wet, sun, and wind. We never really know what type of weather will greet us when we get out on the water--so we have to be prepared for almost anything that might come our way.

[And building on the frugal theme with a wardrobe remix rundown: my vest is hand-me-down from my little sister, my tee is a Powell's bookstore shirt gifted to me from my Portland bro, the glasses I got for $2 somewhere (drugstore?), and my pants & John's shirts & the hats are from Nike discount store (yay for little brothers who work for Nike), John's shorts are oldies from Tar-Jay and the crutches I use were $3 or so from the Goodwill. I think John's shades were cheapies from a street vendor that he got for his Neo costume. All in all, a pretty eclectic get-up.]

1 comment:

gs said...

=gifted to me=

Aaaargh!

;)