12/20/2008

magical places


Our family visited the Isle of Man about 8 years ago and it was a sublime (despite having various dramas with British Airways--ugh) vacation. One of our favorite spots were the ruins of Peel Castle (pictured above), a space where my ancestors had certainly walked the halls many generations ago. For me, traveling is magical--especially when I can reconnect with the past in a meaningful way, or just let the beauty of a new place wash over me and fill me up with new sensations.

I can't wait to return to the IOM someday, but in the meantime I'm dreaming of trips to new places (specifically, my East coast trip starting next week!) to fill me with their wonder.

Speaking of traveling...if you're in NYC or DC and you want to meetup over the holidays, let me know ASAP. Also, if you'll be at the AHA conference, let's definitely touch base at some point during the proceedings. :)

2 comments:

becki said...

That's so wonderful! My mom's side of the family is from the Isle of Man, too! I've always wanted to visit there someday!

Anonymous said...

I visted Isle of Man in the late 70's and fell in love with it..thought it was a great place to recover from a nervous breakdown....