12/31/2007

poppy new year to you!


poppy, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

We are celebrating a Japanese-style New Year's with John's family (and let me just add that their half-Siamese cat Tanuki immediately leaped onto my lap for the perfect furry welcome!) We slept last nite in futon spread out on tatami mats (so cozy!). After waking this morning I sat in the bedroom alone and meditated--the mats being such a perfect place for thoughtfulness in the morning light. Such peace.

Now we are gathered with extended family, my kids getting reacquainted with cousins that they haven't seen in many years.

Tonite we will eat traditional Japanese foods prepared by John's Mom *yum!*

I've not yet decided if I will set any New Year's Revolutions. What about you, are you setting any goals for 2008?

The poppy flower in the photo above is from a plant on my back porch--it's pink and yellow blossoms show through the window and bring me joy each time I stand at the sink!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am positively craving Japanese food. I shall have to see if "Santa" is willing to take me out for lunch. (That's what ordinary schmoes without connections have to do.)

Happy new year, Jana and Family (including the fuzzies, of course)! High hopes and best wishes. :)