10/11/2007

it's in the brows


One of my more illustrious ancestors--a former governor of New York.

I'm not seeing much of a family resemblance. Heaven knows I didn't inherit his hair! (and what's truly amazing about his 'do is that was long before the days of the carefully-crafted bedhead look...makes me wonder if he didn't have some special tin of bear grease pomade on his bathroom counter...)

On second thought, his eyebrows might look just a bit like mine when my tweezers have gone missing for a few weeks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was the humidity. (Maybe also the unsophisticated shampoos and irregular hygienic practices of the era.)

If you cut your hair very short and lived ten years in the northeast, perhaps the resemblance would become more clear, but where would that leave John?

Anonymous said...

very LDS to have some strange picture of someone from the past playing the part of an ancestor.
Preferably someone of semi-importance.
Can't forget geneology...


pm;
love the site