4/17/2007

Whenever I touch a velvet rose


peace, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Picture: a rose with yellow petals, tinged with pink and red at the edges.

"My Heavenly Father Loves Me" was my all-time favorite Primary song when I was a little girl. One reason I loved it was because each time we sang it Miss Tammy would choose a handful of kids to hold pictures representing the images of the song: a bird, a rain shower, etc. and I would raise my hand high, hoping to be one of the children chosen to for the special job of holding a picture while we sang.

It seems fitting to me that even now when I contemplate the song of a bird or the breeze rustling through the trees I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the beauty of the world and I feel closer to the divine.

Whenever I hear, the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by a lilac tree
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

5 comments:

SoCalSingleMama said...

I loved this song, too, when I was a kid. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Caroline said...

Your primary song post has inspired one of my own. Thanks for the idea!

Michael Nielsen said...

I also loved this song. It had one of the better melodies, and the words were sweet. Thanks for the beautiful photo.

alisonwonderland said...

i sang that song as a lullaby when my children were babies. good memories!

EverMorr said...

This song has a special meaning to me.
Whenever I was upset, or just needed a
song before bed, my mother would sing
this to me. It's one of my all time favorite
Warm Fuzzy memories.