11/08/2006

we're all cheering

Yep, we're pretty jazzed around our house about the political victories yesterday. Wow.

Some good news on a completely different front: for about three years I have struggled with the socket on my leg--my last prosthetist just couldn't get it 'right.' Even though it's been livable, it's never been comfortable. So I met with a new prosthetist about a month ago and just got approval from my insurance company for a new socket. I'll go in for casting next week. Brighter, more comfortable, days lie ahead. Definitely worth cheering for, too!

2 comments:

Gray said...

Yes, the elections were a great lift to my spirits. Two of the three candidates I supported were elected, including our new governor. Kind of nice to pick out your boss's boss's boss.

That's great news on the insurance front. I hope that the new socket is the best one ever.

SoCalSingleMama said...

Congrats - insurance companies can be such a pain (no pun intended....) to work with. Glad to hear you've made progress with your's and may be much more comfortable soon!