3/30/2006

Make me smile...

--turning in grades yesterday. whew. another quarter of school all done. ate 2 do-si-dos and did some high-fives with the kiddoes to celebrate.

--a blank page on my calendar today. still lots of stuff to do, but no classes, no appts, no meetings. woohoo!

--crocheting. about 10 years ago my friend Mindy taught me how to crochet and since then I've made many crocheted items, but I've never learned how to read & follow a pattern. Thanks to the Happy Hooker I'm about halfway through my first follow-a-pattern project.

--the sun is shining today, small birds are twittering on my front porch, I'm sipping hot tea w/milk, and the day stretches ahead of me with all of the joy and promise of a grassy field filled with wildflowers.
:)

2 comments:

Gray said...

What a nice image, especially after watching the sun rise over the Atlantic on a beautiful morning as March comes to an end.

It felt very warm to me this morning- about 38 degrees when I left the house. But it seemed quite unsettling to see the photo of your kids the other day camping in T-shirts. I climbed Mt. Moosilauke in New Hampshire two weeks ago and it still felt distinctly Arctic.

Now I am in my Boston office, and I could very much use a day of grassy fields and wildflowers. I like Boston, but your entry reminded me, with some discomfort, how glad I am that I live in a beautiful place, far from ths city.

I hope that your dawn is as evocative as mine, and that you have a fine day.

-Gray

jana said...

Gray:
The low temp while the kids were camping was about 40 degrees (tho it probably felt colder because of the wind). We are so spoiled w/warm weather here!! :)

But, I have to admit that I am insanely jealous of your Boston office. I am hoping to (someday!) live in Boston or its environs!!!! :)