7/08/2010

England


Lake District by train, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

We're still enjoying our England tour, moving madly from one site/event to the next after having a few leisurely days in the Lake District.

I especially enjoyed our long train(!) tour up the Cumbrian coast to Carlisle and then back through the center of England. So many rolling hills, small plots of lands dotted with rock walls, sheep, and so so so much green. And trains. Did I mention trains?

As always, the kids are excellent travelers. They've survived some bad food, some awkward sleeping situations, and several long marches wearing heavy backpacks. But they aren't complaining one whit! Their enthusiasm for this adventure is keeping me going--even when I'm exhausted and a wee bit grumpy (especially those times when I think I can hardly stand one more moment without a wireless connection)...

1 comment:

Sue Cannon, RN said...

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
...
This other Eden, demi-paradise;
This fortress, built by nature for herself,
Against infection, and the hand of war;
...
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall,
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands;
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. -Will, the Bard

I love England. Glad you're having a wonderful time!