4/26/2010

vintage



dancing shoes, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.
I'm fortunate to be working within a few blocks of a several charming antique stores, that I can wander on my lunch hour. I love looking at the wares and imagining who they belonged to in years past. The hats, gloves, and lacy linens are particularly enticing to me. They have such stories to tell.

As much as I embrace the modern, I'll always be the kind of person who longs for aged wood, impossibly wrinkly lace pillowcases, the scratchy whisper of needle hitting a vinyl record, the crack of an old book binding, and the clothing styles of an era-gone-by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you! On saturday, I went to this crazy Vintage Expo in L.A. IT was amazing...the next time it happens, I'll let you know!