5/28/2009

saying yes


orange skirt & edamame, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Today I said "Yes" to:

-an orange swishy skirt, my new favorite. feeling so good against my legs in the breeze

-edamame from my favorite blue bowl on the porch in the afternoon, with crushed sea salt on top (yum!)

-a new haircut (way overdue), from a new super-good stylist who invested more than an hour in my crop of thin hair, gave me an awesome scalp massage, and had me giggling the whole time. Anyone who needs a referral, drop a line in the comments!

-getting work done on my dissertation and making a significant discovery about two of "my" doctors.

-reading Moby Dick on the beach as the kiddos were at paddling practice in the early evening:

"Yes, as everyone knows, meditation and water are wedded for ever..."


PS: H/T to Maddie for the style of this post & photo. She is always an inspiration. :)

2 comments:

Dejah Thoris said...

Yes! and more Yes!

Thank you, Jana. You continue to inspire me.

I have come to believe and understand it is much better to recognize and focus on the positives rather than the worrisome, perfectionistic and disabling negatives.

Love,
Y.

Allison Easley said...

Love the orange skirt. Love the bowl, love the sea salt, love the whole thing. It's almost meditative to read this post. You are ♥'d