8/19/2008

If this is you (the soup brigade edition)...


today's rose, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

If you had an email message informing you that the "soup brigade" was headed to your house tonight, then you would have heard a knock on your door at about 5pm to find K. standing there with a bevy of bags and bins. She then came in and proceeded to mix up a large pot of homemade chicken vegetable soup (free range organic, of course, with veggies all from a local farm) and giggle with you as you got caught up on the last six months of life. Then at 6:30 another knock at the door brought more friends laden with fruits, dessert, and drinks to join in the fun.

Because if this is you, you might not be at all surprised when these friends made you laugh, fed you amazingly healing food, and then washed every dish and left your kitchen sparkling clean. Because you have the most amazing friends.

I don't know if you've ever had a visit from the soup brigade yourself, but if you have, maybe you are feeling like me right now--eager to get well so you can bring the brigade to the doorstep of someone else soon! :)

Note: the flower pic above is from my visit to my garden yesterday morning. My neighbors took such amazing care to keep my plants watered and fertilized during my convalescence. Maintaining my garden is a huge job. I'm not sure how I will ever repay their kindnesses.

2 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Oooh, I want a visit from the soup brigade!! Nice!

Anonymous said...

That's so amazing that you have such caring and wonderful friends and neighbours! In this day and age people are so suspicious of anyone helping them that we seem to be losing that knack.

I'm going to make an extra effort, next time one of my friends is ill to make sure I do something special for them :-)