2/04/2008

12 songs later...

We had 14 people over to dinner on Saturday for John's birthday (note: we also celebrated the birth of Tim and Bonny, who happen to be born on the same great day as John!). We indulged in tons of fabulous foods and drinks. I'm happy to report that neither John's hot hair, the birthday cake, nor Elise's sugar cube experiments set off the fire alarm (the rousing game of midnite TTR was super smokin' though).

Needless to say, a party of this size means some pretty big cleanup the morning after. The vid below shows the magnitude of the job (note: we have no dishwasher, or rather, we have the manual kind that means a sponge & elbow grease).

I put on my ipod and had the job done in exactly the time it took to rock out to 12 Dresden Dolls songs. Easy peasy. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

3 comments:

catbonny said...

Oh my gosh. Someone asked me what I did on Saturday night, and I was telling her because she used to live in Verano and I told her how the dishes were from one end of the counter to the other and how I felt so bad leaving it like that.

But I have to say this definitely made me smile.

Did anyone help you dry them?

jana said...

Did it myself. But that's okay. It was John's birthday so I didn't want him to have to wash or dry. :)

SoCalSingleMama said...

We had such a good time! This was our second time celebrating a birthday with John - hopefully there will be many more to come!