11/21/2007

pumpkinish pie


thoreau's pumpkin, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

May your day and dinner be filled with good food and much joy!

I've been chopping squash to make this delicious-sounding recipe from "Food on the Food."

Momentarily I'll begin cooking my lumpy-bumpy Halloween pumpkin (the one I bought from my alma mater at the Farmer's Market) for pumpkin pie! It's been awhile since I've done pie and I'm looking forward to it. Yum!!

PS: Is there anyone else out there who likes to eat pie for breakfast on the day after? IMO, that's truly the best part of Thanksgiving weekend!
:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pie for breakfast? I thought I was the only one! Jana, you are my kindred spirit. This year, I've made just one "regular" pumpkin pie, and I'm thinking I might try the pumpkin bread pudding recipe that was in Tuesday's food section--they even recommended it as a breakfast food for the morning after Thanksgiving!

amelia said...

pie for breakfast is yummy. but i may just be generally prejudiced in favor of eating pie. whenever it's available. in fact, this year we started thanksgiving early by eating a pumpkin pie at midnight (technically thanksgiving, i suppose) while making our first effort at brining the turkey. superyum.

John White said...

I like eating pie at any time, except when my stomach won't physically fit more food.

I managed to get some of this pie, and though it was fantastic. Came oh so close to snagging a piece for breakfast, but decided to limit my gluttony to one day. And what a day it was! Well, it did just so happen that I was offered the piece to take home while I couldn't fit in another bite of food. Otherwise...

Anonymous said...

My leftover pie didn't make it past Midnight. Sigh. But I still have two orange rolls waiting for me for breakfast.

daisies said...

mmmm .. pumpkin :)