10/11/2007

open


wet petals, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

A picture from my garden meditation time yesterday. My roses are still blooming (joy)! This one smelled so fruity and flowerly--I so wish you could've been there with me...(and I did pluck just one from the bush to add to my kitchen sink windowsill).

A quotation that I have been pondering the past few days:

"If in the last few years you haven't discarded a major opinion or acquired a new one, check your pulse. You may be dead."
~Gelett Burgess

I want to be open to new ideas, to continue learning, growing and changing. A life lived with fear and rigidity is not, for me, a satisfying one! I think life is too short to not be open. We should be absorbing and experiencing many new things...to tread in places where we are are unsure. To be like this rose--showing our most vulnerable inner places and sharing it with everyone, even those who may not recognize the courage that it takes to be open.

3 comments:

daisies said...

what an incredibly beautiful rose and yes ... i too want to be open to new ideas and to continue learning, growing and changing :)

loved this :)

Anonymous said...

I adore that quote. And that photo -- lush!

tammy said...

That photo is gorgeous. Is it wrong to want to eat it?

So glad you've been cooking from my blog. I really appreciate your comments!