9/09/2007

celebration


wedding day, 1992, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Soon we will be leaving for another anniversary adventure together. It's a big one (15 years married!) so we set our sights high and are going cross-country. And I can't wait! Traveling together with John is just SO FUN! He knows how to find the best food, the funkiest bookshops (with kitties!), and the most charming streets. Best of all, we will be encountering all of this together. (Oh, and we will be hanging out with some of you, our loyal friends and readers, along the way--woohoo!)

I came across this Yeats poem today and it touched me--I especially love the lines that read:
"But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face."

I'm so grateful that John continues to love this pilgrim soul of mine, and that I continue to delight and revel in his as well. :)

4 comments:

Casdok said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! :)

I hope we see you this week. It sounds like you will have fun in any case.

Johnna said...

I hadn't noticed that Yeats poem before. It sure beats "only God, my dear, can love you for yourself alone, and not your yellow hair."

your posts about you and John always beat any romantic comedy I could rent.

simon said...

great and interesting blog.
I thought about including a link to your site on my blog.

if you ever get the chance, come visit me back

Best,
Simon

my blog is www.BrawnyHunk.com (not nearly as superficial as it sounds ;-) )