7/09/2007

phantoms


zinnia, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Photo: Closeup of a bright pink zinnia flower

Last night I was up most of the night with semi-awful phantom pains. Not so bad that I was screaming (which happens occasionally), but bad enough that my hip and leg were spasming at regular intervals and keeping me from sleeping soundly. So I am a bit tired and a bit testier than usual today (that, coupled with the realization at 4 am that I'd left the water running when I was soaking a friend's garden yesterday evening, grrrr--but fortunately when I got out there early this morning I found that another gardener had turned off the water for me! whew).

So, I went out to the garden much earlier than usual this morning. And it's an overcast day and just perfect for toodling around out there. So I picked a passle of tomatoes, cut some flowers, pulled weeds, and just enjoyed watching the dew drip from the leaves of the plants. It was just what I needed after a very long and uncomfortable night.

No comments: