6/21/2007

busy as a bee


busy, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Photo: side view of a purple flower with a bee sitting on it.

Life is so full, isn't it? I'm enjoying my kids' first few days of summer and all the gifts that come with more discretionary time. Oddly enough, it seems that we are just as busy as ever, though. :)

Oh, and my toes are nearly better--more the pale purple color of this flower and less the deep purples as when I first broke them. It's been nice to get around with less pain, even though I did overdo things a bit on Tuesday when I strolled the grounds of the Huntington Library and snapped this photo. I paid for it yesterday by feeling rather achy and sore and being a bit grumpier than usual--but it was surely worth it. :)

Note: Can I just say that the Huntington is the best of both worlds for me--an awesome archive chock-full of great resources for my dissertation, then these beautiful grounds/gardens to inspire and enliven my spirit. I feel so lucky!

1 comment:

SoCalSingleMama said...

Jana, this is one of my favorite pictures yet! The color of the flower is great and the bee is pretty cute, too.

The only library I've been to around here is Mission Viejo. They have a really nice living room - style reading area with lots of dark wood, arm chairs, and a fire place area.