5/21/2007

fly


dragonfly on clematis, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Picture: closeup photo of a dragonfly--green body with translucent wings--perched on the deep green leaf of a clematis vine.

This little guy greeted me this afternoon by perching on my rapidly-growing clematis vine. If you click on the image it'll take you thru to the flickr page. Click on the "All Sizes" link above the photo and you'll get to enjoy him in greater detail. If you look at him at the largest possible size you can see the fuzzy little hairs that emerge from around the area where his wings connect to his body. Amazing. Who knew that dragonflies were so complex and fascinating?

2 comments:

I'm Cute said...

Jana, that's an amazing shot. I already had noticed what great photos you take, but I can't believe you got a crisp dragonfly photo!

jana said...

Well thank you. :)

This particular dragonfly stayed quite still for his portrait session. He kept walking up and down the vine, but didn't even flinch when I brought the camera in about 2" from his head to shoot this pic.