4/14/2007

unfolding


unfolding, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Picture: Pink rosebud, about halfway opened. An ant crawling on the edge of one petal.

This is a photo from last week. This morning I went to the garden but I didn't take the camera with me. Rather than taking photos to share with you, I let myself wholly relax. I smelled, listened, and pondered.

There was hummingbird who splashed in the spray from the hose, bumblebees in the lavender, a bright yellow bird flitting around in some weeds by the back fence. It was just lovely. So were the two strawberries that I picked and enjoyed while they were still sun-warm. So, so tasty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your site Jana, with all the "connectedness" with nature and your beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing! Wish I had time to stop by more often...

Anonymous said...

I like that there's an ant crawling on this rose. It reveals the rose as a having a purpose in tinier lives far different than its purpose in ours, and also makes me think of those medieval "vanity" paintings.

Sun-warm berries you grew yourself are the best.

Brooke said...

Gorgeous. I can almost smell it.