4/04/2007

because I'm full of thoughts...

My friend Alison nominated me for the following award:


Wow, I am quite flattered. So now I am supposed to choose 5 blogs that make me think (I actually despise choosing favorite anythings...I'm just not good at it, but I'll play along anyways...)!

So here's my try at 5 Thoughtful Blogs (Note: limiting this to people I've actually corresponded with, or met in person, so the chances of them acknowledging the award is fairly high. Also, if your blog isn't listed here it doesn't mean that I don't find it thoughtful! I love reading all of your blogs--add your URL in the comments if you're new to pilgrimgirl and I'll add you to my googlereader)

200 Things
Even when Brooke isn't wearing geese on her head, her blog is chock-full of thoughtful and artistic writing and links. Her photos are also delightful.

Catbonny
Bonny's blog is honest, insightful, and fun to read. I like hearing about her journey and I like that she's my Friend. She's also a wickedly good Ticket to Ride player! :)

Bored in Vernal
I like how BiV and I often see eye-to-eye on social issues, feminism, etc, yet we're at different stages of life and circumstances. I'm grateful for the magic of the internet that's allowed me to get to know her better!

The Observant Woman
Add this one to your daily checklist of blogs. SL digests important issues related to women's health. Her commentary is both incisive and provocative.

Readathon
Deborah's posts on ExponentII are always great, but I'm also enjoying her literary insights. Having been a bibliophile since childhood, with a continued fondness for YA lit, I love reading her book reviews!

For those I tagged, please read the following rules...
The Thinking Blogger Award is also a meme. The participation rules are simple:
1. If you get tagged, write a post with links to five blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. (Optional) Proudly display the "Thinking Blogger Award" with a link to the post that you wrote.

8 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

woohoo! thanks for playing along! i'm already a reader of Readathon, but i'll be going to check out your other picks!

Bored in Vernal said...

This may help me get over the disappointment in not winning one of your famous flower pictures.

Bored in Vernal said...

OK, I'm up!
Go and see who I chose.

Anonymous said...

Jana,

Thank you :) You don't know how delighted I am! Very excited to pass along the blogging goodness . . .

SL

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jana. I am also glad we are Friends.

I am stoked that others find a bit enjoyment from my blog. I have been keeping it for so long and it is such a personal release for me sometimes, that it makes me so delighted to share it with others. = )

I am going to have to think about my five favorites. I am pretty sure yours would be one of them...
I will give myself a day or so for that task.

Anonymous said...

!Thanks!

I'm going to post five of my favorite here, since I try to keep readathon 100% bookish.

1) You

2) www.philocrites.com (Chris Walton -- Mormon turned Unitarian minister -- comments on religions, liberalism, and culture.

3) Shannon Hale is a fabulous YA author and her site includes a regularly updated blog that I love (www.squeetus.com for site; http://oinks.squeetus.com/ for blog)

4) Jen Robinson is an amazing blook blogger -- she's where I go for new info in the kidlit world (http://jkrbooks.typepad.com/)

5) I know he's a Big Blogger, but I really love reading Andrew Sullivan! One of my guilty pleasures (http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/)h

Anonymous said...

Hey, mazeltov! You deserve it!

Brooke said...

Jana, you are the best. I'm so flattered. I've just posted my list (finally!).