9/10/2006

where did all the money go?

Yes, I've blogged on Sarah MacLachlan's "World on Fire" music video before, but it seems time for a reprise. I can't watch this vid w/o tearing up, it always makes me feel like I must do more to alleviate suffering, as I realize the impact that a few dollars can have. To bring water, health, nourishment and joy to others. Money that I would not even miss. [Thanks to John, for first sharing this with me]

I am reading a book that is making me feel all raw and angry and committed to making change. I will blog more about it soon, but in the meantime, if you're looking for a read that will change your life, pick up a copy of Disposable People.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome video! It has inspired me to do greater things in the world.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing out this video. I'd never seen it before, but I've always loved Sarah, especially her early albums.

Also enjoyed the Dave Matthews "Gravedigger" video that John points out at his link.

If I might add one of my own favorites to this "9/11 Video Tribute" thread, let me point you to Bright Eyes' "First Day of My Life", one of my all-time favorite songs, and an equally worthy video. It is more "happy-poignant" than "sad-poignant" (like the McLachlan and Matthews videos), but it is a gentle reminder on a day like today of what is really important.

You can find it a www.youtube.com

alisonwonderland said...

thanks for sharing this video! i just discovered sarah mclachlan's music a few weeks ago, but i've become a fan. and i just discovered your blog yesterday (although your name is familiar to me from mormon feminist circles), and i think i'm going to be a fan of pilgrimgirl too.

jana said...

Alisonwonderland:
So nice to have you aboard! Glad to know that you're developing a fondness for Sarah. She gets a lot of play at the pilgrim household :)