8/01/2006

real women

My netflix tonight was "Real Women Have Curves." It's taken me way too long to watch this film. And, of course, the best scene is the one in the factory where the women are competing for the most curves, the most 'cellulite.'

It reminds me of this now-popular blog that features photos of the bodies of real mothers. Though my stretch marks have almost completely faded in the last 10 years, I can still feel their striations as I run my hands over my lower belly. They are scars to be proud of, the physical sacrifice for my two babies that's been well-worth every mark they left on my flesh.

[Note: but I'm still not brave enough to share any photos of my current belly (my least favorite part of my body). And, unfortunately, I have no such photos from my pregnancies, either--I think Demi Moore hadn't yet broken the belly barrier back when I was pregnant]

No comments: