8/30/2006

I can keep a secret


This Saturday John and I will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary.

As I thought about our anniversary a few months ago, I decided that we should do something really special. Fourteen years seemed a long time, long enough that it needed a pretty good celebration.

So I've planned something for us and it's still a secret from John. I've dropped a few little hints (e.g. "don't forget to pack your swimsuit"), but I think he's really quite oblivious. I'm enjoying holding him in suspense, but if the tables were turned and he was keeping our plans a surprise from me, I'd be miserable. I'm no good at waiting. I'm into instant gratification....

The picture above is of us standing on a bridge in the heart of Paris four years ago. We had one night on the town alone (the kiddoes were with Mom at the Hotel du Levant). A good memory. Perhaps we will create a few more memories, and a few more blurry romantic pictures, on this next adventure. It won't be Paris, but few things ever are. :)

1 comment:

SoCalSingleMama said...

Smile. :-) You guys are so cute!

Happy Anniversary! We hope you have a great time tomorrow, wherever it is that you go!