6/12/2006

Make me smile...

--I'm not sure which earned the bigger smile today, turning in my final paper of the quarter/school year, or the delightful cup of tea & cherry/almond scone I enjoyed afterwards...

--typing on my computer with ellycat draped over my arms like she is right now. One hand around her front legs and the other under her belly. and elly's little motor is purring up a storm.

--up till midnite last night (typing said paper) and watching elly nibble bits of salmon off of Emma's unfinished dinner plate. breaking off bits and then hiding under the table to eat them. sneaking around so I won't "see" her.

--going to the beach in the early morning with the family yesterday. watching the incoming tide bowl over the kids and they both go under and emerge sputtering and laughing/crying. me, not wearing my computerized prosthesis, daring to go into the surf myself. the waves threatening to carry my crutches with the undertow. the water as warm as a bath. the call of the ocean beckoning me in even further. the promise I made to myself to reutrn soon and follow that call...

--vacuuming. Yep, my favorite household chore. I could vacuum all day long...

2 comments:

A. Marigold said...

Mine is dusting. I always loved the lemon smell of the furniture polish. :)

Gray said...

I enjoy reading entries like these. I find them very calming and reassuring.

Living north of Cape Cod though, it is quite hard to imagine ocean water "as warm as a bath." Sounds nice.

Enjoy the summer.