10/08/2005

local

We go to a local music store.

We've been customers there for six years or so. The place is crazy with long-haired geeky musician guys--most of whom are still wearing the same favorite rock band T-shirts they loved in high school (and for them high school was in the '70s). But Jim's is a totally cool place--wizened rockers included.

Today C's cello need new fine tuners, two new strings and a repair to a tuning peg (the D string, I think). I cringed when I brought it in. I'd been putting it off for weeks because I didn't want to have to pay for the fixes.

But Randy, the repair guy, took a quick look and mumbled a few numbers. We chatted a bit about how old the cello is and how much C uses it (which is a lot). He said he'd have it fixed in 2 hours and it'd cost $55 bucks.

How cool is that?
:)

No comments: