10/18/2005

for real?

Sometimes I think my kids aren't for real. Like twice this week when they've been given candy at school and they've brought it home to share. E got some candy in her orcehstra class. She got 4 pieces and said the Twix for me (knowing it was my favorite ) and did the same with everyone else's favorite treat. Today C's sub gave him dumdums and tootsie rolls. He brought me the tootsie (yum) and figured out which flavor of dumdum that everyone else would most like. As I savored my tootsie roll I thought to myself about all the times I'd been given cookies & candies at school. And I knew that NOT ONCE did I ever bring any home to share with my sibs, much less my parents. The thought wouldn't even have ever occurred to me. Instead, I stashed away any extras in places where I was sure only I would ever find them.

Yet for my kids, they wouldn't be able to enjoy such bounty without sharing it with the rest of us.

Can you see why I wonder if: a) C&E aren't really real children, but are aliens modeled on child characters from 50's sitcoms, or b) they are deities incarnate?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IT WAS NOT ORCHESTRA CLASS!!! IT WAS A STUDENT COUNCIL PROGECT!!!