9/06/2005

sick

I've spent most of today emptying the contents of my nose into kleenexes. Now, after a whole day of this my nose is so raw that even the lotion-y kleenexes hurt. And now the cough is starting--that ubiquitous throat tickle that keeps me feeling as if a small rodent is sitting in the back of my throat and preventing me from swallowing. I think that some rodent is storing acorns in my glands because they are so swollen and sore.

Today I wanted to lie in bed and drink broth. Instead I cleaned house, ran errands, and ferried the kids around. Here's hoping that tomorrow is a better, rodent-free, day.

PS: Today the kids wrote their due-the-first-day-of-school essays. They are priceless. C's is called "Portland" and discusses the colorful details of our summer trip (including voodoo donuts and the various odors of our hotel rooms). E's is called "Adventures with Aunt Susan" [can I just say one more time that every kid needs an Aunt Susan who has a trampoline and a dog named Pete and a boy named Chris and lots of time for adventures]. I will post the essays soon.

No comments: