7/12/2005

Summer fun

I've been getting around to all of those things I never get around to during the school year. Things like cleaning under the fridge, writing a letter to my Great Aunt Madge, and cleaning out the kids' closets.

So today I sorted through my cedar chest. It's the chest that I inherited from my not-yet-dead grandma (she's in an assisted living center now). I had admired it for many years and was thrilled when I got it from my uncles. The chest isn't particularly fancy and it had some water damage across the bottom that my sister Susan repaired for my last year as a Christmas present (Thanks Suz!).

In the chest I found many of the linens that I was given 13 years ago when I married John. Some of them I've never even taken out of their packages. So today I unwrapped some pretty linen pillowcases and put them on my bed. I also put the white-on-white quilt that I made during my engagement on the bed--it's the first time in thirteen years that it's seen the light of day. All in all I think my bed looked quite lovely--almost too pretty to sit on.

What a fun way to spend a summer day :)

No comments: