7/14/2005

Friends

Yesterday my friend Susan visited from Utah along with her husband and her 3 little boys. It was pretty crazy having so many people packed into our small place!

But it was also delightful to get "caught up" on everything that's been going on in her life. When we're together I often feel like we've hardly been apart! Her husband is contemplating a move down to Orange County. I know it's premature to even _hope_ that she might be living nearby, but what fun that would be!!

After Susan left I went to Outhouse--my weekly meeting with other liberal Mormons. John led the discussion on "male Mormon feminists." (You, like most people, might be asking if there is such a thing--we hashed that one out for about 2 hours!). It was great--we laughed, talked, fought a bit, and really had a very passionate discussion. I feel so lucky to have these friends. They make life so much more fun and meaningful.

No comments: