9/12/2007

people, I am tired....

Travel is such delicious hard work!
Today we spent at Concord & Walden Pond with Sara, the world's most hospitable tourguide. Right now I am headed for a shower and bed. My body is oh-so-achy from the walking.

I have pictures to share soon--including some gorgeous flowers from the Alcott and Emerson/Hawthorne homes.

PS: John is updating his flickr feed more quickly than I am. Enjoy a few photos from today.

PPS: I met several of the rodent denizens of Boston Common as we walked home in the dark tonite. To say that it was more than a bit traumatic for me is a mighty understatement--that park is like full of rats. Full, I say.

PPS: to GS~ we did the Fine Arts Museum yesterday. The Sargeants absolutely blew me away. Loved it!

7 comments:

amelia said...

if you look carefully enough, you can meet the rodent denizens of the boston T. but they're mice, not rats (i'm sure the rats are there; you just don't get to see them). when the trains not there, just look down at the tracks. there are little mice the exact color of the stones between the tracks. especially at the Park station (which you just can't avoid). they're cute little guys.

glad you're enjoying boston.

gs said...

=Fine Arts Museum {snip}. Loved it!
=

Phew! I was sweating that one :)

Anonymous said...

The rodents? They might actually have been politicians. How close were you to the State House?

Glad you had fun yesterday! :)

jana said...

Amelia:
Mice=almost as scary as rats in the pilgrimgirl rodent pantheon (fyi, it goes something like: rats, mice, gophers, etc.) Therefore, I'll avoid looking down at the tracks....(though I do know remember seeing such critters in London so I know what you're talking about).
GS:
good tip!! though i admit that it was John who was my biggest motivator for heading to the museum--such an extensive Asian collection! That and the gallons of rain falling outside... :)

Sara: Yes, the highest concentration of rats was just prior to the steps from the park leading up to the StateHouse. Undoubtedly some of them _were_ politicians. Such beady little eyes on those ones....

John White said...

Just remember, rats can cook, mice can make dresses.

Everybody!

"We can do it, we can do it, we can help our Cinderelly..."

Alberta said...

You'd think you'd get used to rats gardening in Verano Gardens for so long. (wink)

Miss you guys!

jana said...

I think the garden rats & gophers have only exacerbated my phobia. :(