3/15/2007

not afraid to come out of his shell

Usually I pick up any snails that I find in my garden and I throw them over the fence to do their slimy business elsewhere.

But this particular snail was so precocious, I decided to capture his image on film and let him be. For my kindness he smiled for the camera. :)

If you have a minute, click on this picture, go to flickr and click on the tab above that says "all sizes." You should see this photo in a much larger size. And it's amazing. Look at the ridges, bumps and colors on the shell. Examine each little lump on his body. See how his antenna are the faintest translucent blue color. And can you see the individual drops of water on the stem that he's sitting on??

4 comments:

JohnR said...

Jana, your photos are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I need the name of your camera--cuz mine doesn't do what yours does. Can you give me the specs?

jana said...

We have a Canon PowerShot SD600, 6.0 megapixels. It's not a super-fancy camera, but I love that it does great close-up photos and I can also shoot videos and post them directly onto youtube.

During the last year I've really begun to enjoy photography. And I've really sucked at it for a long time. I feel, though, that I'm just starting to figure it out. And that's a very good feeling, indeed.

More than anything, I love that I can capture my odd way of looking at the world and share it with all of you. :)

Anonymous said...

Your photographs have been such an inspiration to take my own lately. I feel like I save my camera for special occasions sometimes...

Your garden pictures have been so lovely lately, and I just wanted to let you know how much I have been enjoying them.