2/20/2007

Insulting

This might just be a record for me: I've been insulted and reviled on four different blogs in the last two days and on the way home from class tonight a car-full of young men (undergrads, perhaps--maybe I gave them bad grades in years past??) came up behind me on my bike and yelled in my ear (just about fell off my bikeseat when they did this) and then proceeded to follow me through the next intersection making rude remarks.

Yah whatever.

Somehow it doesn't really bug me. You know, the "sticks and stones" thing, I suppose. Or maybe it's a certain devil-may-care attitude that comes from having a physical disability. I've been stared at, gestured towards, mimicked, teased, accosted, etc. for so many years that I'm just used to it now.

9 comments:

gs said...

=I've been insulted and reviled on four different blogs in the last two days=

Wow! You go! ('Cause you know if they insult you it means they take you seriously.)

Kaimi said...

Which four? I've seen at least two of them, maybe more.

People are silly.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a bad week! Actually, the insults and being reviled are a goods sign. You are igniting passions in people and making them think.

If it makes you feel better, I think you are wonderful!

jana said...

Kaimi:
X2, Sunstone, snark, and here. Very few of the insults remain (except at snark) because they violate comment policy. FWIW, the snark one bothered me the least--if I hadn't been snarked I would've figured that my X2 post wasn't radical enough.

Tanya: Thanks :)

jana said...

GS: I feel the same way--the insults show that I'm provoking a response. So I can't be too bothered by them. :)

Anonymous said...

As a fellow bike rider, I sympathize with your plight. I am so mad at the idiots that yell at pedestrians and bikers.

Anonymous said...

So are the folks at Snarkernackle trying to love you and Lady Amalthea back into the church or what? I can't quite reconcile the nastiness there with church teachings.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, when I read things like those comments I feel so proud to be a member of the church...and we wonder why people don't think we are Christian. Honestly, I don't have a clue....

Gray said...

Yuck!

You might turn the other cheek, but it makes me angry!

Have a much better day.