10/23/2006

'sail on silvergirl' or yes, I have been watching a bit too much youtube lately

"Bridge over Troubled Waters" is one of my all-time favorite songs. I would belt out the lyrics as my Simon & Garfunkel tape whirred in the stereo of my old blue Mustang (yes, I am sure that attracted attention from nearby cars, but one doesn't care about such things in high school). The pathos of this song moved me like no other.

So the rendition of the S&G classic below is by none other than the King himself. A singer that I didn't even know existed until the day of his death (I can quite distinctly remember standing in the street in front of my house when the neighbor kids across the street informed that Elvis had died, and then had to explain to me who he was). So I'm not a huge Elvis fan--I'm actually pretty mystified by his cult following. But the man did have an incredible voice. And now, via the magic of the internet, you can all share this 'tender' moment in history with me...

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I remember really feeling it deep down and crying to this song numerous times in my middle school years. Oh yeah. I even tried to learn it on the piano, but the stretches were too far for my tiny hands.