3/10/2006

name games

I don't care much for fantasy novels. Perhaps one reason why is that the names are all so goofy-sounding. As an example, in one of my kids' fantasy books (titled, appropriately, The Naming), here are a few of the names that I found in thumbing through the pages for about 15 seconds:
Maerad
Cadvan
Farndar
Valverras
Dernhil of Gent
Likud
Ceredin
Enkir
Nelac
Owan
Gast

So here are the fantasy names that I've made up myself in a little more than 15 seconds:
Veedubvan
Fahrder
Dunghyl of Baedcent
Garghill Anspyt
Verraslaepe
Shelac
Cankir
Claen de Ovan
Emerod
Gast (that last one works for me, too)

Ok, for those of you who are having an I'd rather-be-blogging-than-doing-my-job Friday, why don't you join in the fun and see what you can come up with....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Numaca
Tulac
Jusha
Nuberc
Trubat
Lukash
Alaman
Tishun
Lokas
Yuba
Regdy
Quirty
Mundash
Mirod
Posbar
Lobam
Ishkat
Takshesh
(These certainly sound ridiculous. I'm just thing of as many as I can.)
Sabanc
Himab
Azzeeron
Caltorn
Nimbac
Oplacan
Okay. I'm finally at a loss.

Anonymous said...

stunkeeboootom
joompoondrdeboer
groesse
eekee
cecairee
laimoe naimoe
this is really hard!