2/23/2009

that bright time of day


daisies!, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

If you know me well, you surely know that I'm not a morning person. I suspect that this is the result of many years of insomnia-related intermittent sleep patterns. In the mornings I'm short-tempered, I don't want to talk, and I don't smile or giggle much at all.

However, I've recently noticed a change in that pattern. I'm appreciating how full of possibilities my mornings are. Even though I often still hit the snooze button, it's far less often than before (like maybe twice instead of 6 times). I don't grumble through the morning carpool and I find a lot of joy in those moments where I'm planning my day--so many possibilities.

I suspect that mornings are going better because I'm sleeping better at night. It might be the result of more exercise (you try paddling a canoe for 2.5 hrs and then see how well you sleep!) or those novels that I'm now enjoying each evening before bed. Or it might even be the little kitty-sprite (in the form of TobyJoy) who's started sleeping at the side of my pillow for the first few hours of each night.

I don't know, but I have to say that is does feel very good to have my mornings.

“To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning”
~Henry David Thoreau

No comments: