1/18/2009

there is no blue...


Jana Composition., originally uploaded by mind on fire.

“There is no blue without yellow and without orange.”
~Vincent Van Gogh


My craving for sky blue (as if I don't get enough of it outside every day) inspired me to paint the wall behind our bed this lovely color (and it helped that I scored the paint on Freecycle, too).

It's really amazing how much peace the blue has brought to our bedroom space.

However despite my fondness for blue, I've also been craving orange--I love how warm and alive it feels. Each morning I burn a small orange candle for my morning meditation and I love wearing orange, too.

Alicante

Une orange sur la table
Ta robe sur le tapis
Et toi dans mon lit
Doux présent de la présent
Fraîcheur de la nuit
Chaleur de ma vie
~Jacques Prevert

No comments: