11/15/2007

by the light of the moon...


iris at night, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Took my camera to the garden with me last night. It was about 5:30 pm and already too dark to snap pics without a flash. I don't think flowers look their best with a bright light, but this one turned out interesting-looking. It's sort of a flopped-over iris. :)

Whenever I see my irises in bloom I think of my friend Rebecca who gave them to me. She dug them up from a friend's garden after that friend died and her kids were remodeling her home and yard to look like some fancy Tuscan villa. One without irises, that is. :)

1 comment:

daisies said...

so beautiful ... i love irises and i am awe that you have flowers in your garden when all i have is brown brown brown waiting for a blanket of snow :)