5/18/2007

impulse

Early this morning I found myself at Trader Joe's buying quinoa (or at least attempting to buy quinoa, but eventually settling for a 3-grain rice blend because they were out of quinoa).

Anyways, there were the most gorgeous bouquets of peony buds all through the lobby--large pink knobs on long stems. On impulse, I bought a bunch, brought them home and put them in water. All day long they've been unfolding one cup-shaped petal at a time--literally changing every few minutes.

So...you guessed it...peony photos coming soon. :)

PS: Ellycat loves peonies almost as much as I do--she's nibbled the tips of most of the leaves off already...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Instead of telling my loved ones to smile at me, i,rather, get used to telling me"show me some teeth"
Nice blog