3/08/2007

no sheep's clothing 'round here...

I've had few, if any, regrets about finding a new church home. Quotations like this one from J. Reuben Clark affirm to me that I made the right choice (not, of course, because I look to Clark as my spiritual leader, but because he underscores the fact that by living with integrity (e.g. leaving the fold), rather than continuing to pretend to be Mormon when I don't believe in the church's dogma, I am choosing the right):
“Any titular Church member who does not accept the First Vision but who continues to pose as a Church member, lacks not only moral courage but intellectual integrity and honor if [s]he does not avow h[er]self an apostate and discontinue going about the Church, and among the youth particularly, as a Church[wo]man, teaching not only lack-faith, but faith-destroying doctrines. [S]he is a true wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

3 comments:

SoCalSingleMama said...

I like that - where does it come from? I'd be interested in reading it in context.

jana said...

elise: if you click on the link to the sunstoneblog, the person who posted the comment has a hyperlink to the whole article.

SoCalSingleMama said...

Oops, I didn't even notice the link the first time I read it. Thanks!