3/29/2007

favorites


merry-gold, originally uploaded by pilgrimgirl.

Picture: a close-up of a marigold flower with drops of water on its petals.

One of my favorite parts of each day is my morning walk to my garden. I water my plants and get reacquainted with everything. I revel in the warm sun and enjoy the ways that the plants change incrementally each day. I have a few routines that include searching for strawberries, calculating how many new blossoms are on the peach tree, dead-heading the marigolds, trying to guess how many more days until my roses' first blooms, and sitting in the chair near the lavender and inhaling deeply.

This year I've planted more oranges, golds, and yellow flowers than every before. I love how the bright flower faces greet me and make me smile. :)

What are your morning routines? What do you wish you could do each morning to get the day started off on the 'right foot'?(note: all of my days start on the left foot, but that's okay, too. It may explain quite a bit, really....)

1 comment:

Amira said...

I love it when I can be in my garden in the morning. It's not quite warm enough here to be outside first thing every morning, but it will be soon. I'll deadhead a few roses, check on the peppers and cucumbers and decide what we can have for dinner, and poke around the raspberry bushes.

And merry-gold is a much better spelling.