2/18/2007

Make me smile...


--Rubbing Burt's Bees Foot Salve on all of my sore places tonite and enjoying the rich scent of coconut & hint of mint. Knowing that it will feel much better in the morning.
--Watching "Friendly Persuasion" with some new and old friends after enjoying a tasty home-cooked meal.
--One of the mother's of CatGirl's classmates calling yesterday to tell me that her daughter wants to be CG's friend because she is such a sweet girl. Followed by an invitation to a movie and dinner. And CG's second social engagement of the weekend tonite: her very first slumber party. Dropping her off amid peals of laughter and reliving a few of my own 'pajama party' memories. Reveling in my daughter's goodness and growth. Beaming with pride.
--Ellycat curled up in the basket of warm clean laundry next to me. Doing what cats do best.
--Driving home from Brea in the rain tonite. Praying for those in the two accidents we saw along the road. Feeling a rush of fear as we ended up in the middle of a high-speed car chase (bright helicopter lights shining above, policecar lights flashing all around). A quick exit off of the freeway and a deep sigh of relief. Then continuing home more slowly, quietly. Grateful.
--Knowing that my teeth are brushed & flossed, the bedcovers are turned down, and as soon as I finish this sentence, I will be curling up in bed with my John.
:)

No comments: