1/01/2007

Make me smile...(the new year's edition)


--silent worship on the final Firstday of 2006. Quiet reflection on the past year and on the one up ahead. Feeling secure and happy, as well as motivated to make some important changes in my life. Then the joy of seeing my children embraced by Friends as they shared their thoughts and talents after Meeting.
--ringing in 2007 with friends over a game of a Ticket to Ride Germany. And coming in 2nd place, too. (note: I've played 4 different versions of TtR in less than 4 days. is that cool or what?) (Oh, and thanks to all those who joined us for games on Friday, too. What fun and what great food!)
--eating John's tasty homemade Japanese food for dinner and looking forward to leftovers today.
--spending yesterday afternoon with Tanya Sue. Her helping me re-make the red dangly earrings that I attempted to make about a year ago. Then wearing them to the party last night and feeling special because red is my lucky color!
--eating the BEST cinnamon roll for breakfast this morning, courtesy of Tanya Sue (ok, confession: eating only half a cinnamon roll because I ate the other half of mine last night at about 3 am when I was having an insomnia moment)
--John giving me half of his cinnamon roll (a loving sacrifice on his part)!
--looking back on 2006 and realizing what a HUGE year it was. With so much joy, good friends, and personal growth
--looking forward with anticipation towards a life lived with more purpose, simplicity, peace, and exuberance.
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I make the BEST cinnamon rolls and that they warranted a mention on your blog. I am laughing really hard that you ate half because of insomnia in the middle of the night (funny I was doing the same thing at the same time). I am glad you felt lucky in your earrings last night and hope it is a sign that 2007 will be lucky for you!

Anonymous said...

I love your "make me smile" posts! We had a great time last night - and I actually noticed your earrings and meant to ask you about them but forgot. Thanks for great food, good company, and a great game of Ticket to Ride!