11/30/2006

Make me smile...

--coming home oh-so-late last night and finding a lone pearl earring perched on the nightstand. After losing it 2 days ago and thinking I would never see it again. (thank you, he-can-find-a-needle-in-a-haystack John!)
--mailing out a slew of Xmas gifts on Tuesday--before December has even begun. Woohoo!
--after my super-chilly-outdoor-pool swim yesterday morning (yes, the temps around here have finally dipped into the 60s), John warming up my shivery-cold body in his own particularly effective way.
--cooking CatGirl's favorite bean soup all day today in the crockpot. anticipating her squeal of delight when she comes in the door from school.
--getting the garden bookkeeping caught up yesterday (I'm the treasurer for our community garden).
--GameBoy and GatGirl's ebullience about the upcoming holiday season. the care with which they unpacked the Xmas tree and decorated our apartment with all of the traditional Christmas trimmings. their pride in having done it all themselves this year, with just a smidge of advice from me and John.

No comments: