10/28/2006

because my dreams are yours, too

It's late and we've talked for over an hour. We could talk for hours more, but we know we need to arise early in the morning. So you sing the words of Marc Almond's "These My Dreams" into my ear as we drift off to sleep holding tight to each other (with ellycat curled in a small ball at our feet)...

You can have my smile, my tears,
My wishes, here's a fortune
To adorn you.
I'll whisper in the night to you,
Promise to adore and never scorn you.
And as we grow a little older,
Try to understand more of each other.
I will be your golden eye,
Your master of illusion,
Or just your lover.

I'll be a dragonfly, a butterfly
A secret, or a little lie to test you.
A song, a verse, a lullaby,
A symphony once in a while
To try and impress you.
I'll take your heart to the limit
The colours of my joy,
My tears to dress you.
But sometimes dear
My heart's my own,
I don't wish to exclude you or
Distress you.

But darling...
In my hand
The grains of sand
A thousand million moments of emotion
Oh... these
Oh... these my dreams are yours

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't know that one but i do love W.B. Yeats' poem (the enjambment is a little off here, hence the / to indicate a line break)

"He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven"

Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,/
Enwrought with golden and silver light,/
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths/
Of night and light and the half-light,/

I would spread the cloths under your feet:/
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;/
I have spread my dreams under your feet;/
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams./

William Butler Yeats

jana said...

Seymour:
John reminded me tonite that he sent the Yeats poem to me in a letter during our courtship. But thanks for the reminder. I love the imagery and sentiment! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are Marc Almond fans? Wow. Great taste. I saw him in concert 3-4 years ago.

You guys seem to have the perfect relationship!