5/17/2006

just about as good as sex

--hunting for a pen in the space behind the parking brake--that space where random car objects live--and finding a dark chocolate bar, 73% cocoa content, with a label that reads "Sexy"

--wearing sandals. little white strappy sandals with tissue-thin soles. for the first time in 21 years. the air moving over my instep making my foot feel mustang-convertible cool.

--taking my 5 min daily lay-in-bed-naked-after-my-shower moment and have Toby lay down next to me, purring up a storm. doze for a moment and wake up with toby napping at my ear and ellycat draped over my foot.

--biking home at 11 pm after my AROOM group discusses A Midwife's Tale. speeding down the hills that were so arduous on my way to group. walking in the door to greet John with cheeks flushed and heart pumping hard. wanting nothing more than to get back on the bike and go for another few miles.

2 comments:

Gray said...

You guys are the greatest!

Anonymous said...

Late summer, hot day, you've just sliced open the perfect, chilled watermelon. A big spoon in hand, you scoop out the heart of the melon -- that first bite is about as close to the divine as it gets!