5/03/2006

because you can't have your hands in your shirt...

Today I biked over to school for a meeting. I dropped off some overdue books at the library on the way, and because I had a few minutes to kill I crashed in the grad reading room for some moments of quiet reading.

But it was humid today and the bike ride left me feeling a little itchy. Mostly in the area where the underwire of my bra was rubbing against my skin. If I'd been reading at home I would've just reached into my shirt and pulled the offending fabric away from the raw parts of my skin. But sitting there in that super-quiet room full of dutiful grad students, I got more and more uncomfortable as I realized I couldn't reach into my shirt and readjust. And then I couldn't concentrate on my book because the itchiness was that bad...

Guys are lucky that way. No one blinks when they scratch, tug, pull, and yank at various parts of their clothing and bodies. Girls, we have to keep our hands off ourselves in public...

1 comment:

el.dude said...

There are few things worse than an underwire issue in public!