4/01/2006

my Mom'll sleep better tonite....

Ok, for those of you who've been waiting to know whether or not I bought a scooter. I didn't.

Instead, I bought a totally-granny beachcruiser trike bike. I don't have it in hand yet because it's got to be all tricked-out for me (gears, toeclips, etc). Hopefully I'll have a picture of me with my bike for you in a few weeks--after it's all put together.

Ironically, it cost more $$ than the used scooter that I was considering buying. But it's oh-so-much safer. And I can ride on the bikepaths with John and the kids (joy!). And I won't have to buy a motocycle permit.

I'm already trying to figure out what liberal bumper stickers it's going to wear. (I'm taking suggestions if you've got any for me). And, of course I can still put the baguette and roses in the back because it's got a groovy basket between the rear wheels! (E is convinced that kids could totally ride in the back basket. She is oh-so-wrong...)

Oh, yes, I can hear you wondering what color it is....RED, of course (did you even have to ask???)
:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bikes are cool. I just moved closer to my work, and plan to start riding again when the weather improves.

Liberal bumper stickers eh...

I like "Cheney/Voldemort '08"

"Bush: Worst President. Ever."

"Ignore your rights and they'll go away"

I also like these two (non-political):

"Sorry, my karma just ran over your dogma" (guess that doesn't work as well on the back of a bike).

"There is no problem a good day of surfing won't cure" (my very favorite).

amelia said...

i like the "well-behaved women don't make history" one.

and i can't wait to see your bike. we should go for a ride someday. i can bring my bike and we can pedal somewhere. or i could bring my mama's van and we could put our bikes in the back and we could go for a ride at the beach. lovely.

Anonymous said...

if i wore a helmet, i could ride in the back basket!!!
:)

el.dude said...

Here are a few that are on my station wagon...

I'm for the separation of Church and Hate

Goddess Bless America (in red white and blue...you have to do a double-take)

I'll be post-feminist in the post patriarchy

northernsun.com is loaded with great bumper stickers.

Your new ride sounds great! My mom had one of these (not tricked out) when I was in Jr. High. I was mortified because we lived in a small town and my friends teased me about my mom's tricycle!!!