2/18/2006

toes II (sans tofu)

Ok, the yucky toe I wrote about in my last message is no longer just a yucky infected toe. It is really a yucky infected BROKEN toe. That's why it's been hurting so badly. Du-uh.

This experience has taught me that I just don't appreciate my toes enough. Daily I praise and give thanks for my knee and ankle, but my toes have gotten short-shrifted. From now on, I will no longer take my toes for granted. I will give them the love and attention that they each deserve. Everyday....As soon as the current swollen and painful and BROKEN toe ceases to make my whole body ache.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my toes. They're one of my very favorite parts of me. There's a school of thought that says each part of our body represents something, some aspect of the world and the way we relate to it, and toes represent the minor details of the future, which is something I can get caught up in worrying about. So I try to listen to my toes and see what they have to tell me--that's right: I carry on conversations with my toes. Of course, I try to listen all my various body parts and see what they can teach me about how I interact with the world, but I find my toes especially eloquent.

Anyway, I hope your poor broken toe heals quickly and thoroughly.